Prior to your arrival
- Info Pack: You are advised to read carefully the information package that you will be sent you by email upon your final acceptance. The fore-mentioned pack includes all the necessary information regarding your stay.
Upon arrival and during your stay
- First Meeting: The first meeting will take place on a day and time for which you will be informed by email at least one week in advance.
- Enrolment: You will also be notified by email regarding the day and time of your enrolment which takes place at the beginning of each semester. Upon completion of your enrolment you will need to apply for Library access and access to the Department’s computer room and you also be given a ‘Passo’ (Greek student ID).
- Meeting the Dept. Coordinator: The next meeting will be with your Dept. Coordinator. Each Department has at least one professor responsible for Erasmus matters. You are going to be introduced to the professors so that you can contact them for academic advice.
- Changes to Learning Agreement: All changes to the Learning Agreement can be made only within the first month following your registration. If you wish to take a course, you should first meet the professor responsible for the particular course in order to discuss all the details and the way of your evaluation at the end of the course. If you are interested in choosing a course from another Dept. you should first discuss it with your Departmental Coordinator. You should also have the approval of your Dept. Coordinator regarding the Final Learning Agreement as he will be required to sign it.
- Approval from your Home University: The Final Learning Agreement should also be approved by your University. Once you have received approval and all required signatures, you must send a copy to us, send a copy to the Department (Host) and last but not least keep a copy for your own records.
- Accommodation: Incoming students are usually entitled to free accommodation depending on room availability. If you are allocated a room, you will be informed in advance.
- Please be punctual in your appointments with the Professors and make sure you meet the course’s requirement. It is vital that you notify your professor if you are not able to attend a scheduled appointment.
- As the University provides you with free accommodation, catering and all student concessions, you are expected to make good use of them. Please keep your rooms clean and tidy, avoid any kind of damage, return all books to the library within the given deadline and follow the computer lab rules.
- You must also check your e-mails regularly as all correspondence is sent by email. If you have a greek cellphone, it is advisable to inform the office so that we can contact you if the need arises.
Prior to your Departure
- You should inform us at least 15 days prior to the departure in order to prepare all required paperwork. You must provide us with a permanent address where the Transcript of Records will be sent.
After leaving the University
- The Transcript of Records will be sent to you as soon as we receive all the marks from the Professors. This may take some time, so please be patient…
Best wishes for an enjoyable and rewarding semester in the University of the Aegean.